Chassis & Running Gear Service
A Chassis and Running Gear Service is a complete service of the chassis including all of the areas that are below the main body of the vehicle. This service will give you complete piece of mind to assure you that your caravan or motorhome is in a suitable condition to be towed or driven on the public roads.
A typical chassis and running gear service will normally take three to four hours.
- Coupling head – check wear/damage & lubricate
- Nose weight check & report (best practice)
- Ball acting stabiliser – check friction pads
- Coupling head gaiter – check for splits
- Breakaway cable & clip – check condition, routing & integrity
- Drawbar – inspect & check
- Corner steadies & spare wheel carrier – check for damage, operation & lubricate
- Jockey wheel – check condition, operation & lubricate
- Chassis – check condition, security of assemblies including chassis to floor security
- Wheels & tyres – check for damage or distortion
- Tyres – assess age & advise replacement if over seven years
- Tyres – check condition & wear pattern (including side walls & valves)
- Check & record tyre tread depths
- Check & record tyre pressures including spare
- Suspension – visually check condition of rubbers, bushes, dampers & springs
- Remove brake drums – clean & check hub bearings & seals
- Brake shoes – clean & check condition of linings (including springs & expanders)
- Brake rods, cables & supports – check operation, lubricate & adjust
- Refit brake drums – torque hub nuts to manufacturers settings, adjust brakes & check operation
- Replace road wheels & torque to manufacturers settings (quality control check required)
- Handbrake mechanism – check operation, adjust& lubricate
Chassis & Running Gear Service – £100
Need some Advice?
If you’re not sure what the best service for your vehicle please feel free to get in touch and we will be able to recommend the correct service for you.
Phone: 01889 570 865
Mobile: 07502 268 425